We offer free job training to qualified individuals!
What does a service Technician do?
- Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for both commercial and residential customers. Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delay of jobs are properly communicated to customer.
- Be available to work night jobs or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of our customers.
- Routinely check for good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues, and filling out and submitting monthly vehicle inspection form. Vehicles should be washed on a regular basis.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Maintain and submit monthly mileage log forms.
- Understand company pricing and generate appropriate customer invoice at jobs site. Electronically process credit card payments. Obtain customer signature at completion of jobs. Obtain correct customer information including email address.
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary for jobs.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the issue is and what is need to correct.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
- Identify and report to owner potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
- One to seven years experience in installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
and correcting diverse HVAC service issues.
Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret
blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done
correctly the first time.
Performance based Pay based on skill level